Friday, January 16, 2009

Square peg

Back, many moons ago, I realized that I didn't fit in. The weird thing is that no matter what I did, whether it was wearing it like a badge of honor or reaching a somewhat sullen level of acceptance I was never really truly comfortable with the idea. I realized last year at my 20 year class reunion that I'm finally comfortable with it but never really thought about why. I think I've finally figured it out, I've accepted the idea that no one fits in entirely anywhere. There are places that we fit in better than others but there always going to be some way that we don't quit fit. It normal, since it is a side effect of people having different interests and perspectives, and it's completely OK.

I may be wrong about all of, which wouldn't surprise me at all, but it made my reunion a bit less boring so I think it works out in the end.

No comments: