Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gratuitous cat pictures

Taking product pictures can be a frustrating project because the cats insist on being in the middle of things. Half of the time it's because they have to see what I'm doing, the rest of the time it's because they want to get close to the window which invariably means they are sitting right where I want to be setting up to take pictures. This weekend I did a set of pictures and had to shoo Whiskey out of the way several times. I knew she had stayed nearby but I had no idea how close by she was until I finished the pictures and looked to my left and saw this.

I love the nonchalant pose, I almost expected her to look over and say "Oh, hello. I had no idea you were there." The frightening thing is that it is one of the better pictures I have of her mainly because I was set up for product photos.

The next picture has a bit of a story too. One of the big bits of news from the end of last year is that we replaced our old TV and got a flat screen TV which meant we had to get a different entertainment center. Storm had taken to sleeping on top of the old entertainment center and as you can see she is registering her displeasure at the loss of her napping spot.


At one point she was curled up and laying up there and I realized that if anything broke she would come crashing down on me. . .

1 comment:

UNEARTHED said...

I have a kitty who could be Storm's evil twin:)
I'll have to post a pic one of these days!