Saturday, September 13, 2008

But wait, there's more. . .

E and I did a trip down to Denver to go to the Gem and Mineral show and Bead Renaissance show. It was fun and I ended up buying beads which will hopefully spark my creative juices in that direction. I really want to expand the materials I'm using so I'm not sure how that will work with the jewelry business with A but I'll sort it out. The other problem is that I'm a hard time finding brass findings.

The funniest thing though was that night when we were back at the hotel. E was channel surfing and came across an infomercial for one of the CD sets. First off it was funny because we've watched way too much "Whose Line is it Anyway" where one of the frequent skits is a take off on this type of commercial. The collection was Soft Rock from the 70s and 80s so we had a lot of people with what E called poodle hair, the obligatory women with big hair and unusual fashion choices like a guy wearing a track suit to perform in. Then there was some of the music. There were a few that I questioned, for example is 'Walking in Memphis" by Mark Cohen really soft rock? I don't think so but some people might. The weirdest song on the collection was "I'll Do Anything for Love" by Meatloaf. There's a lot of things you could classify that song as, but I'm betting soft rock is probably pretty damn far down on the list.

We're probably weird but that was one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. . .

1 comment:

helan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Barbara

http://www.ipodepot.info