Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Well. . .

I really don't mean to make this blog into some place where I only post when I have something bad happening in my life but here I am again writing about bad things again.

Over the last few months our dear old black dog, Coal, has been having more and more problems with her back legs. Last night she slipped trying to go up the steps on the deck and I had to help her, then she had problems on the linoleum and I had to lift/scoot her into the living room. She did better after eating and having her pills and did fine this morning but by the time E and I got home for lunch she was down and couldn't get back up. E took her to the vet and Dr. B thinks it is a combination of her arthritis and hip displasia since she is a German shepard cross. Dr. B gave her two shots of different corticosteroids in the hope that it would help reduce the inflammation. As of right now she has only moved a little on her own and has not eaten at all. We're going to wait until tomorrow morning, but it is looking like this may be the end.

No comments: