Saturday, March 29, 2008

Aftermath

It's still really quiet here and I keep expecting to come around a corner and see Coal. Coming home from work is the hardest thing because she would either be waiting at the door for me or standing in the doorway between the living room and kitchen looking towards the back door. It's completely thrown off a lot of the little routines we had fallen into over the past few years and the worst for me is the before bed ritual of giving Coal her medication. I know at some point things will shift again but it's going to be a while.

I don't think I ever posted a picture of Coal here, so here is the only one I have. (E was able to get some in the last week but he needs to clean them up a bit before they are postable.)


Farewell my sweet Coalie, I hope you can run to your hearts content now.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What a sweet-looking dog. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Oh, my deepest deepest condolences, truly.