Saturday, November 24, 2007

Holiday shopping

We went and finished part of our remaining holiday shopping today. I do most of the shopping online, and this year I did a lot of shopping on Etsy, but there are just some things we had to go to the store for. It wasn't horrible, but it was busy enough to make me a bit twitchy. We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond which is a store I can get lost in because I love kitchen tools and gadgets. I had to make my usual pilgrimage to the wall of nice knives where I could stare longingly at the high end sets from Wusthof and J.A. Henkels before moving on. Yes, I'm probably a knife snob, but I think that you should always go for the nicer kitchen knives because of the quality.

After that it was off to the bookstore to look for something for my niece. At last report she was still into dinosaurs, bugs, prehistoric animals, and astronomy so it's always fun to look for books for her. I still think it's funny that I lived up to the promise I made to my sister when K was a baby and my sister told me they didn't want really girly stuff. I said then that it would mean I would have to get K interested in dinosaurs and I did. I found a couple of great books on prehistoric animals for her and a new Dover book for myself.

All in all it was a good trip, we got what we needed and I didn't kill anyone.

No comments: