Sunday, September 23, 2007

Decisions, decisions

This morning, after some coffee and sleep I'm still thinking about the situation I mentioned in my last entry. I'm strongly leaning towards not jumping in at this point. I tried to wade through a lot of the stuff that has been said so far and I almost blew a fuse just doing that, which tells me that I would definitely lose my cool if I went further which wouldn't do any good for anyone.

I do have an addition to my random thoughts from last week. If you tend to capitalize words for emphasis too much, it also adds a woowoo factor to what you are posting no matter if it is on a forum in your blog or in an email. It looks too much like one of the crankiest websites on Crank Dot Net or one of the exhibits at the Kooks Museum. This is the opposite effect of misusing quotation marks for emphasis, that just makes me wonder why you aren't sure if what you are saying is accurate or not.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Just wanted to stop in and say that I thought your post in Gemma's blog was wonderful. You're pretty smart for a 251 year old! :)
kt

Noemi said...

Thank you! I hate to admit it, but I'm not actually 251, I just feel like it at times. Or maybe it's that's how old the cats think I am, since I can't come up with any other way it ended up listed that way.