Saturday, July 14, 2007

Things from my childhood

I have very strong memories of watching TV with my father. He wasn't into sports so what we watched were documentaries and then we would sit and talk about the show. The two that I really remember watching are Cosmos and Connections. I remember Connections more than any other show because I was fascinated by how interconnected things were and it really affected the way I looked at things. Over the years this has been one of the shows I really wanted to get my own copy of, but the few times that I could find it I couldn't afford it. Yesterday I got a catalog that showed that the show had finally been released on DVD, so now I have to make the decision on if I want to put it on a credit card or not.

2 comments:

Beth said...

We practically ate, slept and breathed "Cosmos" when I was a kid. There was a period where I could pretty much have recited every episode word-for-word. We watched them again and again and again till the tapes completely wore out. It's nice to read of you also having fond childhood memories of it. :)

Noemi said...

I thought I was the only one. :-) I really enjoyed Cosmos too, and it was interesting to watch with my parents, but we never really talked a huge amount about it because they were learning along with me.