Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Melting

The last couple of days at work havbe been miserable, not because of the people I've had to deal with (although that probably made things worse), but because of the temperature in the building. The temperature in the building as a whole has never been very stable, our area is usually arctic as is the break room and the bathroom nearest to it, while across the hall is rather tropical. Starting yesterday our area reached a tropical temperature, the bathroom was comfortable rather than cold enough that you worried about sticking to metal fixtures, and across the hall feels like an annex of hell. By the end of the day it feels like my brain is melting and leaking out my ears, which is probably why the following line from a spam email struck me as pretty funny because of the misused quotation marks.

Congratulations,You will get $"202,000" Refinance for only $"697" each month

I'm not sure if I could trust anything that is saying that they aren't sure if they are offering me $202,000 and they aren't sure if the repayment rate will be $697. Or is that they aren't sure if it's really money? My brain is still too melty to figure it out so I'm going to get something cold to drink and flop on the bed in front of the AC. If my brain congeals enough to try to figure it out I'll let you know.

No comments: