Thursday, May 24, 2007

Well, that was fun (an update of sorts)

After I got home from work today, I got the birds fed and went down to check the freezers. Everything was frozen back up so I started the process of going through them. After some serious thought last night I decided that I'm not going to try and salvage any of the meat because the last time I can be sure the freezer and fridge were running was Monday night and everything was just a bit cooler than I would expect something sitting out in the basement to be when I discovered the problem last night. I just don't think I can trust the meat, particularly the chicken and seafood, after that. In this case the desire to avoid food borne illness wins out over the part of me that hates waste, but I feel just a bit sick over throwing out all that food.

No comments: