Friday, May 04, 2007

This post brought to you by the random setting on my iPod

I have a cool under the cabinet docking radio/stereo in the kitchen that I can plug my iPod into which is great for when I'm cooking or cleaning in the kitchen. Tonight when I was making dinner the song MTA by the Kingston Trio played. The song, for those of you who haven't heard it, is about a man named Charlie who gets stuck on a streetcar in Boston because he does not have the money to pay for the transfer. There is a point in the song where it says that Charlie's wife hands him a sandwich as the car goes through a specific station, and I always wonder why on earth she can't hand him a nickel at that point. It makes you wonder if she likes the quiet or is carrying on with the milkman or something.


This article on Wikipedia has more information on the song and I'm thrilled to see the author wonders the same thing about it I do. This article has more on the history of the song, the lyrics and even traces Chaarlie's route.

No comments: