Saturday, December 09, 2006

A voice from above

One of the cats, Camille, is very attuned to people coughing and sniffling and being sick particularly at night. If she hears you coughing she has to come check on you and she has a very distinctive little mew she makes when she's doing it. Last week when I was so sick I had a coughing fit while laying in bed one night and as expected heard Camille, but it wasn't from on the bed next to me. It took a few minutes, but I finally figured out that she was on the top of the headboard above me. My first thought was that I hoped she didn't jump down into the middle of me like her sister would. When I told E about it he said his first thought would've been, "God?" which struck me as a bit funny although an orange feline god doesn't seem like it would be too bad. Very insistent, and in the way at times, but not too bad.

No comments: