Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Commercials that set me on edge

I'm home sick again today and that means I've been watching a good amount of daytime TV. In doing that I've been reminded of couple of things.

The first is that I a profoundly grateful for the fact that we have digital cable because it means that I can watch the type of shows I prefer when I'm home sick.

The second is that I hate most jewelry store commercials with a white hot burning hatred. I hate the implication that all women want diamond jewelry and that the only way a man can show his love is by giving the woman/women in his life is to give them diamonds. Here's a news flash folks, not all women like diamonds and some of us prefer to have our loved ones pick gifts based on what they know we would like rather than a guilt trip from a jewelry store. I also hate the idea that the jewelry from one store is somehow superior to what you'd get anywhere else. Unless you are getting a custom piece that you have commissioned there isn't going to be that much difference. The most important thing is that you find the right gift based on what you know a person will like, no matter what that gift is.

No comments: