Sunday, August 20, 2006

More observations on animals

I recently realized that I don't really know much about the people in my neighborhood but I definitely know the pets. The event that really brought this home was noticing that one of the dogs hadn't been around for a while. The people kitty corner across the street from us (next to the duplex with the dog I talked about a few entries ago) have had a small fluffy white dog and a grey tomcat for as long as we have lived here which is getting close to 10 years now. The other day I noticed a black dachshund in their yard and realized that I hadn't seen the white dog for a while. The white fuzzy dog had to be at least 9 years old, if not older, so it isn't surprising to think that it has died, but it was a bit of a shock to notice the change in my animal neighbors.

No comments: