Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The downside to being focused

One of my greatest strengths has always been that I have the ability to get really focused on a project and see it through to the end. In the past it meant that I'd get done, go through a let down period, maybe be a bit sore, need a bit more sleep and be fine the next day. Now it means that I am completelywiped out and that I've probably worked past the point that I should. I hadn't really thought about it until tonight when I worked on painting part of my current project. I was only painting a small portion, but right now, I'm exhausted, my eyes feel both glazed and sanded at the same time, my right hand has settled into being warm and very achy (and I know it is going to really stiffen up by tomorrow morning) and my left ankle is sore because I sat with it hooked behind my right andkle for way to long. Now that I've realized this I need to realize it is the trade-off for continuing to do my crafts and plan for it.

With that, I need to go grab a painkiller and get ready for bed so I'm not a complete zombie at work tomorrow. I hope my stash of anti-inflammatories and painkillers at work is full.

No comments: