Sunday, July 02, 2006

Odds and ends

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm still working on getting my chores done. I'm almost done with the laundry and have gotten the dishes done, the sheets changed and the bird cage cleaned. The only things I have left to do is clean the cat boxes and get the bills mailed. We had a pretty impressive rainstorm this afternoon so I won't have to water tonight which is nice. (It also means that I have to worry less about any fireworks the neighbors might set off tonight.) I feel like I've finally managed to get a good pattern for how I work on the chores, since I can't just push my way through and get them all done at once. I try to start the laundry early so it's all done, and then I space everything else out with breaks so I can recharge. It also helps that I've been trying to get up earlier on the weekends so I have more time to get things done.

Next week is going to be odd. I have Tuesday the 4th off, but not Monday, so I work tomorrow have a day off and then work the rest of the week. The break will be nice, but it always makes it hard to get back in the swing of work for the rest of the week. I will also be watching the birds for a couple of days which makes things a bit different too.

I'm still trying to work out how and when I'm going to work on jewelry for the show in August. I will still work on it at the same time as A does on Fridays, but I can't get as many pieces done in one sitting as she does. If I don't figure out other nights to work on things then I'll end up getting behind. The trick will be working which nights would be better.

No comments: