Saturday, June 03, 2006

Waiting for the house to cool off

June is off to a warm start. We had to do the big shopping expedition today plus there was stuff that had to be done at A's trailer so E didn't have time to get the AC unit up in the dining room. (I feel so sorry for him at times like this, he has twice the chores most guys do.) Without the AC unit int, I'm currently making do with open doors and ceiling fans, but it still pretty hot here in the living room and it's after 11 at night. He promised to get it in at the beginning of next week.

I'm realizing again how out of it I am fashion wise these days. I can get good outfits together for work, but I'm just at a loss when it comes to casual clothes for the summer. I broke down today while we were out and picked up a tank top because I think I need to get over my silly paranoia about how my upper arms look. The worst thing is that I'm not worried about them looking fat or flabby, because they aren't, I'm worried about how the skin looks. I have really dry skin and it has a tendency to develop little reddish bumps and I'm very self consious about it. I'm starting to realize that no one else even notices it so I am going to try to wear tank tops a bit more this summer. I don't expect I'll be able to get back in to wearing shorts so I'm trying to establish if a tank top with a knit skirt and sandals is an OK casual look. I'm also wondering if I just need to stop worrying about it and wear what I'm comfortable in. I hate my social anxiety.

No comments: