Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On comfort and shopping and not having much money left

E got the AC unit in last night and it is finally tolerable out here in the living room. In fact it's a bit chilly right now, but I am sitting here in a tank top and with wet hair. I may need to adjust it a bit to get the right balance, but it is quite a relief to be sitting here and the temperature is under 80 F.

We did some shopping last night. I got a couple more tank tops, one for out of the house wear and another to wear around the house. I hadn't planned it that way, but the second one is a bit tighter than I'm comfortable wearing out in public and E suggested keeping it for wearing around the house. It made a lot more sense than taking it back, hoping to find a larger size and then doing the exchange. And who knows, maybe I'll lose enough weight to feel comfortable wearing it out in public. I keep losing at least a pound a week just with watching what I eat and being more careful snacking so it could happen. And if it doesn't I have a nice tank top to hang around the house in. I also got a pair of Merrell sandals ordered, got a pair of the Airwalk clogs (the ones like Crocs) , and E got a new battery for his watch. Oh and I got talked into a new pair of earrings at the place where we got the watch battery and saw an amber bracelet I want to get next month. That is pretty much it for fun shopping for the month since we had a few unexpected bills to pay this month and I'd like to have a bit of a cushion in case something comes up. So we don't have a lot of money left, but we're in good shape.

No comments: