Friday, June 09, 2006

More money stuff

I had mentioned a week ago that E and I will be getting raises starting next month. Today we got the final word on it more or less. I'll just be getting the basic 3.5% raise, but that's really what I expected. E is getting reclassified (three years after they started the three month study on computer related jobs) and he found out today that they are asking for the high end of the wage band he will be going into which will be a nice amount of additional money. At this point we have a rough idea of what we want to do with it, more into savings and investing, a bit to bills and then E would like some for stuff for himself. We'll have to wait until we get our checks at the end of July to finalize the plan but we've at least an idea how we want to work things out. It's funny, we're just too practical to go out and blow all of the raises on something silly. I am glad that E decided he wants a set part of his raise for himself. For one, it's his money and he has every right to spend some of it on himself. The rest is that he hardly ever wants to spend money on himself and I think it's a nice he wants to now.

No comments: