Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm not dead yet!

I definitely felt like it on Monday. Had some sort of cold-like upper respitory thing complete with congestion and feeling like someone had taken a rasp to my throat and nose. I decided to stay home from work and sleep on Monday and thankfully I seem to be getting over whatever it was now. I had to top that off by turning too quickly in my cubicle and jamming the pinky on my right hand into the wall. Fortunately I was able to find an ice pack and ice it down right away and it doesn't seem to be doing too badly right now. At this rate I'm getting a bit worried about what is going to happen on Friday.

The garden is continuing to do well, all of the seeds have sprouted and there's even a pepper on one of the pepper plants. The plan of watering every night for a short time seems to be making the difference, especially since it has been so hot lately. A is planning on coming over to help E weed on Friday and I'll be interested to see how it looks after that. (I'm not able to help much with the garden because of my joint problems. If I knelt down to weed I'd probably get stuck in that position. I'm the person who does the canning in the family so I work with the produce from the garden.)

The only other thing of note is that I think I've finally found the perfect sandals. I tend to pronate pretty badly and I've found that I need shoes with good arch support which is hard to find in sandals. I thought since I like Merrell shoes and the amout of arch support they have that I'd try their Palmetto slide in black and I'm in love. I wore them to work today and they were so comfortable that I finally took them off just a little bit ago. I only do that when a pair of shoes is really, really comfortable. Now I have to figure out if black sandals really do go with everything.

No comments: