Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Too much help

I'm posting tonight with more feline assistance than I probably need. I'm deluding myself that it's because I'm that interesting either, it's because I have a glass of milk. My nightly ritual is to go do my sinus rinse, get my evening medications, get a glass of milk to take them with and come sit here at my computer. Cleopatra, our calico, has learned this and has taken to joining me at the desk in the hope that she'll get some milk. Tonight she did because somewhere in me trying to take my pills and keep the glass away from her she got fur in it. I'm starting to think I just need to stand in the kitchen and take my pills quickly rather than make it part of my before bed relaxation period. Of course then I'd have all the cats hanging around, plus the dog, rather than the one smallish calico. (Now she is sitting on top of the entertainment center looking down like she is supervising my posting. I wonder if she'll proof read for me too?)

Hectic day at work trying to meet a deadline we have tomorrow and getting interrupted by a ton of phone calls. I left work early to go to a dentist's appointment and then ran some errands. I stopped by one of the natural food stores in town while I was out. I don't generally buy into a lot of the things they sell there like the herbal remedies and so on, but I've found that they are a great place to get unusual herbs and spices, hard to find imported foods and they often have some really nice personal care products. Today I was in search of a shampoo and conditioner I had found elsewhere and was lucky enough to find it there. I also found an interesting organic chocolate bar. It's dark chocolate with lavender and blueberries and is wonderful. I only had a couple of pieces because it was so rich, but I may have to go back and get more. Or I may see if I can find the time to go to the other larger natural food store in town and see if they have it or any other chocolate from this company. (The brand is Dagoba, which makes me think of Yoda making chocolate, but it's darn good stuff.)

This blog entry read and approved by her loud and fluffy caliconess, Cleopatra

No comments: