Sunday, May 07, 2006

A quiet weekend

Nothing really exciting going on here. Most of last week was cold and wet, which is normal spring weather here. I've continued to work on stuff in the house and think I've gotten it in good shape beyond a few big projects. The bird cage arrived at the end of the week so E got it put together and we got the perches and toys arranged in it. E also got all of the litter boxes for the cats emptied and refilled so they'll be easier to keep up on. I got the dishes and laundry done, including getting the quilt washed, vacuumed the laundry room, and I got my paraffin spa emptied, cleaned and refilled. My next few projects are to get the stuff for donation boxed up, and work on getting the closet in the back bedroom rearranged so that I can use it to store fabric and craft supplies. I'd really like to get a door on the closet in the basement so I can shift the clothes down there knowing that they will be safe from the cats. Once I've done that then I can get the other closet rearranged. Of course I also have a bunch of sewing projects and a leather belt to work on and on top of all that I also need to work on jewelry. I'm thinking I may work on some of those projects next weekend.

I'm still trying to make up my mind about getting new dishes, if I do I'm definitely going to donate the old ones since they are still good. I also am considering getting some new towels, but that was inspired by picking up a couple new hand towels. They are so nice and soft I want towels like that too.

The cats have finally settled into how the dog looks and smells now. I think the dog is a lot happier this way, although she isn't quite sure what to make of getting cold. It will be nice for her when we get to summer.

No comments: