Saturday, April 29, 2006

Odds 'n' Ends

Another busy Saturday. I vacuumed and mopped the the hall and kitchen floors, got some laundry done and got a lot of the bills for May paid. I'm pretty wiped out right now. Normally I would try to spread the chores out a bit, but since Friday was payday for E and I we have to go do our big shopping trip for the month. I'm not really excited by the prospect but it has to be done. I also have to get ready for bird sitting in a few weeks so I had to get a cage ordered since I don't want to drive all the way out to A's place three times a day. The birds will, of course, need toys to keep them occupied so I'm going to try to make some since I already have a lot of scap tooling leather that I can use.

The dog went to the groomer today, and because she had some sizeable mats they had to trim off a bit more than we expected. She looks bald at this point, although you can definitely see that she has some German Shepard in her. I feel awful about it because I feel like we're bad owners for letting her get to that point, but it's hard to brush her because of the way her coat is. I'm hoping that with it starting out this short we can get a better handle on it. She also gets to go to the vet for shots on Tuesday so she has a big week ahead of her.

Last night E and I went and saw Mannheim Steamroller in concert and it was fantastic. I had really forgotten how much I enjoyed their music. I got a set of all of the Fresh Aire albums on CD and I listened to that most of the day.

Not much else, but I still feel like someone replaced my usual dog with Folgers crystals while I wasn't looking.

No comments: