Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's done

The big move was today. I wasn't involved in the actual moving of stuff, but I helped with packing and organizing and then I did some cleaning in the dining room area after everyone was gone. I can say I'm very impressed with the new vacuum because it picked up almost everything and even made a good go at a few things that were too big. The vacuum did so well the carpet in that area almost looks new. So, if anyone is looking at buying a new vacuum cleaner I highly recommend a Dyson.

I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. It's odd to have almost nothing over in the dining room area and it's really odd to not have the birds there. It's nice to not have to worry about the things I want to do bothering other people and I'm really looking forward to rearranging things, finishing up the decorating and getting some new things. The last is an odd side effect of this, I've realized that I have some household items that I've never replaced. One of those things is dishes. We have an odd mish-mash of dishes, and the only full set we have is one that my parents got me when I went to college, and that was a long time ago. It never struck me until now that it would be nice to have new dishes. I won't get rid of all of the rest of them, but it would be nice to get something new.

In the end I think that a very wise lady on the message board is right, there will be things that delight me, and things that break my heart and it is all OK. There's no reason to assign what I feel to one side or the other, I just need to feel what I am feeling and move forward.

2 comments:

Sneezeforever said...

Just finished reading your moving post.
Hope I'm not intruding.
I'm at that age that all the stuff accumulated is stressing me out.
I have more dishes, wine glasses, tea cups etc. that I can possibly use.
Everything is in excellent condition. But kids now only want new things. Even if it means going into debt.
Oh well, I guess I'm in a time warp
which I probably will never leave.

Goodnight Noemi

Noemi said...

I think I only want a new dishes because so far all I have are the odds and ends other people have given me. (And oddly enough it's just the dishes I want to replace not the mismatched glasses or the incomplete set of wine glasses.) I'm still trying to decide what to do, it's a struggle between wanting the new things and the budget at this point.