Friday, April 21, 2006

Another (not very) exciting Friday night

And that's OK. E and I went to the store because I had to pick up two prescriptions and we picked up a few things that A needed. (E will take those over when he goes over tomorrow night.) I looked at the dishes again and I really can't decide what I want to do. The ones that I want come in a set of four place settings which doesn't really give us a lot of bowls or small plates and I don't know if I want to buy two sets. Also, I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest. I guess I could pack them up and we could sell them at a garage sale or take them to Goodwill but I'm still not sure about it. I can't really consider buying them until next week when we get paid so that gives me a bit of time to think about it.

2 comments:

Zigrida said...

Its a miserable raw rainy day here by the Jersey Shore so I thought I'd check and see how you are doing. My stuff is all matching but I don't use them anymore. Too bad you live so far away.
The big entertaining years are over, getting lazy.
Now I'm doing what I like to do.
I'm from the fifty's generation which had its good points and bad.

In my days the matching thing was in. I found it boring, now I see layouts that compliment colors and shapes of items that please & catch your eye.
Stores like Marshalls (Home Good), T.J. Max here on the east coast are fun to shop in and you get better quality for a cheaper price.

I considered a garage sale, but I'm too lazy for that too.
I'm giving my stuff away to local charities especially to senior centers who really can use good items. They make you feel good because they appreciate everything you do for them.
Good luck Noemi.

Noemi said...

Thanks.

The odd thing is that I don't really entertain that much so in the greater scheme of things it doesn't matter much if my dishes match or not. I still don't know why it struck me as being such an important thing. I do like the idea of the complimentary colors and shapes in dishes and I have considered getting new dishes but getting two different sets that compliment each other.

We have a charity that provides hot meals for people who are homebound and they used to ask for donations for a huge rummage sale. I'm not sure if they still do that, but if they do it would be a good place to take all of this stuff I'm getting rid of.