Monday, March 13, 2006

Wow

I transferred the design for the back of the bag and then tried engraving the design deeply with the wood stylus I'd made and the effect was amazing. The expensive metal styluses I've bought don't work as well as this one and it's soft and smooth enough it creates a nice, smooth, burnished impression. I'm completely blown away and ridiculously excited. I'm also thinking I may just engrave the designs and leave it at that since it looks so spectacular. (Of course, my right hand will let me know about it tomorrow for sure, but it'll be worth it.)

I'm starting to think maybe I should start another blog devoted to my projects rather than ramble on about them here. That way I can post pictures and maybe do step by step commentary, especially on the leatherwork. I'm not sure though, I have a hard time keeping up with this one.

No comments: