Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tips for dealing with joint pain #1

I was thinking about this blog earlier in the week and I decided that it would be a good way to toss out some of the ways I have found that help me deal with joint pain in the hopes that someone else who needs that sort of information might stumble on it. In that vein I will provide my first tip today.

Tip the first:

One of the best things I have found to help with my joint pain, and to also help loosen my joints up when I want to work on something is a paraffin spa. If you are going to buy one I recommend getting one of the larger ones because you can get all of your hand and wrist and even your feet in it. A great bonus for me is that it also moisturises the skin. (I have horribly dry skin and my hands and cuticles are usually a mess because of it.)

If I am having problems, or have a project coming up where I will need my hands, I keep the paraffin spa plugged in in the kitchen so it's ready to go. Then I use it as necessary, usually before starting a project to get everything loosened up. I know someone who has JRA (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) and she keeps her paraffin spa in her sewing room and will take a break from a project and use it so that she can finish what she's working on.

My paraffin spa is made by Homedics and they carry a full line of the accessories that go with the spas as well.

No comments: