Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm still here

I've got a minute to sit down and do an entry. It's been a busy week, I had a meeting to run on thursday and then had to try to get handouts and stuff ready for teaching my class yesterday. I made it through the class but I really need to work a bit harder on how I start them. I ramble to start with and then it clicks, I pull it together and do OK. Took an interesting class on late period German clothing, it may be something to tackle when I get more of my projects done. I guess the next thing to start on is the satchel. I still don't have any huge inspiration on the decoration so I'm just going to push my way through it and come up with something. Thankfully I've got a couple of months to work on it.

The big news for the day is that we got back from doing the first of the month shopping to find out that A's great-grandmother had passed today. A's grandmother and great aunt were there with her whne it happened and it sounds like she went peacefully which is good. No word when the funeral might be and until there's a date and time no idea if A will be able to go or not. E had promised to drive her, so if she's able to go, I'll be staying home with the animals.

Bought a new CD, and it's actually something popular for a change. (My music taste is all over the place so the last few CDs I've gotten for myself have been Värttinä albums which is not really mainstream stuff.) I bought the Gorillaz album Demon Days today. I don't like the entire album, but that's normal for me, but I like a lot of it particularly Feel Good Inc. and DARE. I'll have to see how money shakes out for the month, there's a few other CDs I'd like to get.

No comments: