Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ribbons and conchos and rhinestone rivets, oh my!

Yesterday we made a trip to do some shopping and a bit of gambling. One of our stops was by Tandy Leather so I could pick up tooling leather for my next project and buckles. When we got back in the car I discovered I had gotten a bundle of samples in my bag. I'm guessing it's all new products they want to promote, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with any of it. So I now have a little kit to make a support ribbon keychain, complete with list of common "support colors" (not sure what I'm going to do with that at all since there isn't a color for dysthymia or RA and I'm already acutely aware of them, thanks very much), two eagle head conchos, a package of rhinestone rivets, a craftaid on how to lay out the rhinestone rivets and a bottle of two in one leather stain and finish. The stain and finish I'll probably use eventually, the kit I guess I'll keep in case someone asks me to make something like that, and the rest I have no idea what I'll do with any of it. It'll all end up in the odds and ends basket and in a few years I'll look at it and wonder what the hell it's doing there.

The gambling was fun. I'm really glad E has gotten me into playing video poker since I still ended up losing the money I'd taken, but it took me a lot longer to do it. There is a down side though, it took a lot longer so we left a lot later than we had planned to.

No comments: