Saturday, January 21, 2006

My exciting weekend

Well, it is now. We went out shopping this afternoon. At our first stop we got the wall cabinet for the kitchen as well as a corner shelf to put in the laundry room and priced the flooring we want to put in the living room/dining room. Next stop was the Mall because A wanted to get her nails redone. While she was doing that E and I wandered around. He bought a new pair of cowboy boots with some of his Christmas money and I stopped by CJ Banks and used the gift card I had gotten to get a new shirt. We also picked up a copy of the Sonic collection for the Xbox since we actually have a bit of money left for the month. The last stop was Petco so A could get more bird stuff since it looks like the birds may be ready to come here next weekend. (I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for that, but there isn't much I can do about it at this point beyond trying to read up as much as I can.) Got home and E got the cabinet up and the little shelf put together, I got started on laundry and A rearranged her area. Now I'm waiting for laundry to be done and posting here, E is playing on the Xbox and A is reading.

It's funny, I've been told by people that they think being poly is interesting and unusual. I think they'd be surprised at how boring and normal it actually is. I mean really, look at the above paragraph, that's a pretty ordinary weekend day for us. Not exciting, not titillating, no orgies, no wild spouse swapping parties just a set of weekend errands and chores. The only difference is that we have a group of three adults doing it rather than a couple.

No comments: