Got a lot more stuff done today. E and I finished getting the Christmas stuff boxed up and actually put back in the basement, did some badly needed cleaning in the living room, ran the dishwasher, did some laundry and discussed some ideas for rearranging the living room. It felt really good to get some much done, and it made me wonder why I end up doing so little on the weekends.
I also got started on the rag quilt and suffered a 'what was I thinking' moment. E had helped me measure the quilt we currently have on the bed and I figured out the number of squares I'd need if I was using 12 inch squares. I then proceeded to cut the first fabric into 11 inch squares. I regrouped, adusted the final size a bit and figured out the new number of squares, which was 132. Halfway through cutting the fabric it hit me, that's 132 squares per side, and I realized how big of a project it will be. I'm going to get the first half of the squares cut tonight and then try to finish the cutting later in the week. At least I'm hoping I will finish doing that, I was using a rotary cutter and my right wrist is currently pretty sore. I may have to ice it down before bed.
No huge flashes of inspiration on the satchel yet, which has me a bit worried. I'm afraid the medication for my dysthymia may be interfering with my creative process. I suppose I should give it a bit more time and see what happens, but I need to be prepared to hammer it out otherwise.